Thursday, August 18, 2011

School All Around

We just started back to school this week, what a quick, fun and easy summer. It is about freaking time! One of my greatest accomplishments this summer, is that I became a pool mom. I don't know if you remember me lamenting about how much I envied the carefree moms at the pool. Well this year I was there... not carefree, but there. The kids are pretty much swimming... ie they don't drown while in shallow water. That is something right??

Monday was the first day of school. Landon was of course thrilled and beside himself with excitement. He has had a great but exhausting first week. Kindergarteners don't take naps! Cotton's class still has a rest time, but no rest for the Kindergarteners I guess. Landon did wake up yesterday and tell me that he had changed his mind and did not want to go to school everyday. He will manage he is already learning so much. I really love the school the kids are attending. My husband is going to have to pry my fingers from this place when it is time for us to PCS (move).

Cotton is in the same class same kids and same teachers. He loves them, they love him, there is very little else to say about it. When you got a program that works, pray it holds together. I still have my ABA tudors coming, still we have taken a few weeks off, but they will be starting up next week again. I am not sure how I feel about that. Let's face it without them Cotton's afternoons could be spent watching Youtube videos, so I am learning to love it, even if it is a pain in the ass.

Rev, really hates that he brothers are going to the same school without him. He wails for them when they get out of the car in the morning. They boys have become so close this summer. They are all so interconnected, it is really beautiful to watch brotherhood unfold.

As for me I have one more week of laziness while I enjoy my free time, and then I am learning to run. I HATE running, buuuut, I've been doing yoga for over a year now, and I need to switch things up. A friend of mine is running a half marathon, and she has started training, so I am learning to run with her. She says I will be running the half, I say let me run 1 mile first... we'll see.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog about autism, albinism, my three "active" boys, and life a military family.