Thursday, May 26, 2011

Say What?

I've had a bit of a blogging block lately. I'm not even sure where to start. Cotton is in a good place right now, other than having a random fever pop up now and then. Some of the drama and rigidity have faded as they usually do, and he is his sweet self again. This morning he jumped in my arms and gave me a hug and kiss. He shows affection, but not usually so appropriately lol.

Rev is on my mind a lot lately. He continues to make great gains, but he remains far behind his peers. The thing that really has me is that he failed two hearing screenings. Could I have missed something so obvious? I think in my heart I just felt there was no way that could even be a possibility. We made Cotton go to every doctor in the book. By the time he was three he HATED anyone in a white coat, and honestly we NEVER found any medical professional that helped us in any way. So, we have avoided needless test on Rev. But, now we start the process. I am sure the audiologist will lead to and ENT (He has GIANT adnoids and tonsils), it's kind of like that book "If You Give a Pig a Pancake," one needless doctor leads to another.

I can't even imagine, having one child with albinism and autism, and another child with a hearing impairment! That would actually be comical in a sadistic sort of way. I may warn pregnant women to stay away, I may after all be radioactive. But as in everything there are lessons to learn, and I will let you know when I figure out what those lessons are haha. But, I wouldn't hold my breath because apparently I did not learn them the first time:)

1 comment:

mjsuperfan said...

Greg has failed every hearing test he had, and we were scheduled for a sedated hearing test but we backed out. We were so sure he could hear. After the whole NICU thing, and the sedated MRI, we had had it. Does it seem like Rev is not hearing things?

I hope you don't end up having to see too many doctors. It's all you need on top of everything else! On the other hand, if there's something you can "fix", it would be worth it.

About Me

My photo
I blog about autism, albinism, my three "active" boys, and life a military family.