Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Woo hooo!


Just when I am about to give up, I finally get some good news! We have been trying to get Rev into a developmental preschool that is just awesome, the type of preschool you would want to send any of your kids, this one just happens to also accommodate those with needs as well. So, he got in, and they had to retest him to update his IEP, and he no longer qualified aaahhhhh! They still kept him at the school (not getting paid a dime) so they could test him right before he turned three. The test is a little harder for 3-5 years, as opposed to 2-3 years. He passed or failed rather just BARELY, which is perfect in my opinion. In the month that he has been there he has made so much progress! Lots and lots of words, two word combos, and dare I say a sentence??? Okay an "I want" sentence, but hey it is a start. He also said "I love you" and did that sweet little sign, only his version looks like he is shooting me the bird. I will take either lol.

This is such a huge weight off my shoulders. The school goes year round, and I am so thrilled with them. As much as I miss having him here with me at home, I love that he is growing and learning there. I love sneaking in and looking through the window, sitting there nicely in circle time, listening and following directions, good things are coming for that kid, I can feel it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay!!!! :-) I can feel your sense of relief reading this! Happy for you and him!

About Me

My photo
I blog about autism, albinism, my three "active" boys, and life a military family.